What is the difference between American Tradition, Grassland Range, and Old Tradition?
KOL Foods carries two lines of 100% grass-fed beef: our American Tradition (AT) beef is the only domestic grass-fed beef on the kosher market. Our Grassland Range (GR) line is raised in Uruguay. Our Old Tradition (OT) beef is also domestic, grass-fed, and kosher, but comes from the hindquarter.
KOL Foods maintains the same standards for both of these lines:
- 100% grass-fed, 100% grass-finished, and 100% pastured
- Never fed GMO’s or grass that has been chemically treated
- Raised on small, traditional, family-owned farms and ranches
- Never confined to feedlots
- Never fed any corn or grains
- No hormones added
- No antibiotics
- Temple Grandin approved handling and slaughter techniques
- Compliance with all shechita and green certifications. For more information, please see our page on those certifications here.
American Tradition beef tends to be more marbled than the Grassland Range, which is excellent for those looking for leaner cuts.
For more information on our beef lines, see our website here.
If you have any further questions, please let us know at 888-366-3565 or by emailing email@example.com.